1) What are ZATOH tiles?
ZATOH are precast cement tiles, with textures and surface color, suitable to cover floors and walls.
2) Are ZATOH tiles like smoothed / polished concrete?
ZATOH boards look similar to smoothed concrete, but they are not.
3) What is the composition of the ZATOH tiles?
ZATOH tiles are composed of a cement-based MicroConcrete, selected sand, additives and pigments.
4) How thick and how heavy are the ZATOH tiles?
ZATOH tiles have a thickness of 10 mm and a weight of 21 kg / m2.
5) Are they MicroCement tiles?
No. Although the finish is similar to that of MicroCement, ZATOH tiles are made of MicroConcrete.
6) Are the ZATOH tiles made of fiber cement?
No. ZATOH tiles are made of Micro-Concrete, which provides them with greater hardness, greater impact resistance, greater flexural capacity (with the same thickness) and less absorption.
7) What is the difference between porcelain or ceramic tile and the ZATOH plate?
Essentially the naturalness of the finish. The natural process of cement curing gives each ZATOH board a unique tone and finish.
8) Is the color uniform?
The colors in the ZATOH palette are for reference and are as close as possible to the real ones. Due to our efforts to produce stone-like colors, and working only with pigments of natural origin, there can be changes in color, texture and tone within the same plate and / or in relation to another plate of the same batch. This gives them a unique aesthetic, similar to smoothed or polished cement.
9) On what type of base can the ZATOH tiles be placed?
ZATOH tiles should be laid on firm, well-leveled slabs / mortars that have to be free from rising or negative moisture. The slab or mortar must be of concrete. Do not apply if bases crumble.
10) With what type of glue are ZATOH tiles applied?
Rapid setting, cement-based adhesive mix should be used. ZATOH recommends using Mapei’s KeraQuick Cement Glue.
11) How can I cut them?
ZATOH tiles can be cut with a grinder and cement disc.
12) How big should the joints between ZATOH tiles be?
It is recommended to place the ZATOH tiles with joints not less than 5 mm thick.
13) What material are the joints made with?
The joints between ZATOH tiles are made with the same paste / grout that is used for the placement of porcelain tiles. It must be suitable for the thickness of the joint to be filled.
14) Are they pre-sealed?
ZATOH tiles leave the factory unsealed. They must be sealed once they are installed.
15) Are they made with textures and colors?
Yes, ZATOH tiles are manufactured with various textures and colors. Textures can be like granite, wood, phenolic / plywood, travertine, etc.
16) Can ZATOH boards with wood-like texture be skated?
Yes, ZATOH tiles with Pinotea or Phenolic texture can be patinated. We explain everything in the VIDEO OF PLATE PLACEMENT (minute 4:54) that you can see by doing CLICK HERE
17) How can they be placed on walls?
With cement-based adhesive mix. The technique is the same used for the placement of ceramic tiles on walls.
18) Are they suitable for placing on facades?
Yes, ZATOH panels are ideal for use on applied facades and ventilated ones. Contact us to learn more about way of application and special designs.
19) Can ZATOH tiles be used in a solarium of a swimming pool?
ZATOH tiles are basically textured concrete boards and can be used as solarium floor cladding.
20) Are ZATOH tiles athermic?
The athermic level of the ZATOH tiles depends on the color. The lighter chosen, the less temperature plate will take.
21) Do they scratch?
ZATOH tiles do not scratch with normal use. Its hardness is comparable to that of mosaics / terraces.
22) Do they stain?
With proper maintenance, ZATOH tiles will not stain. It is recommended to clean up spilled liquids on the spot.
23) Can they be placed in bathrooms?
Yes, ZATOH boards are suitable for placing in damp rooms.
24) Are they suitable for placing in parking lots or garages?
Although they can be applied in parking lots or garages, they are not recommended for these uses.
25) Are ZATOH cement tiles suitable for high traffic floors / floors?
Yes, ZATOH tiles are suitable for high traffic.
26) Do the colors resist UV rays?
Yes, ZATOH colors are achieved through the use of natural pigments, which do not change their color when exposed to UV rays.
27) Are they non-slip?
It will depend on the selected texture.
28) Does the color wear off?
As it is a MicroConcrete plate with color incorporated in its mass, the color does not wear off. Its hardness and resistance to wear is comparable to that of a traditional tile / terrazzo.
29) Are they a good insulator of moisture?
Although ZATOH boards are not affected by moisture, they do not serve as insulators.
30) What kind of maintenance is it necessary for ZATOH panels durability?
Indoors: for daily cleaning, recommended to use neutral soaps and wax maintainers (products containing acrylic residues that leave a shine once they have been washed off). It is important to avoid grit on the tiles. If wax maintainers are not used, it is advisable to wax surfaces periodically (depending on the use 1 to 3 times per year). Do not use abrasive elements for cleaning.
Outdoors: for daily cleaning its recommended to use neutral soaps. Depending on the use and climate, it is recommended to reseal the tiles 1 to 2 times per year in floors and 1 time every 2 to 3 years in walls.
31) How often should ZATOH tiles installed on interiors floors should be waxed?
If neutral detergents and wax maintainers are used on a regular basis, no re-waxing is necessary. ZATOH floors that are not maintained regularly should be waxed periodically. Depending on the use, the recommendation would be between 1 and 3 times a year.
32) How often should ZATOH panels placed outdoors be resealed?
ZATOH tiles placed on exterior surfaces must be resealed periodically. According to the use and the climatic factors of each region, the minimum recommendation is once every 3 months.
33) Can they be cleaned with bleach?
If the chlorine is well diluted and all residue is removed, there is no problem. We recommend washing the Zatoh tiles with neutral soap in the same way as cement coatings are cleaned.
34) Does saltpeter stain them?
In most cases the saltpeter stains them. But it will depend on the protection that ZATOH board has. It is advisable to give a good slope to the floors / floors outdoors for the correct runoff of water.
35) Can their sizes be customized?
No, ZATOH tiles are available in standard sizes.
36) Can the colors be customized?
No, ZATOH colors are standard.
37) What type and how long is the guarantee for ZATOH tiles?
ZATOH boards have a one-year warranty on use.
NOTE: We ask users to make sure that the ZATOH material to be installed is to their liking and that it does not have any obvious visible defects. If problems of this type are detected, do not initiate placement and contact your provider immediately. Claims of this type will not be accepted once the material has been placed. See warranty conditions at www.zatoh.com.